I joined Commit in Oct/2021 as Engineering Partner and it’s been a wonderful self-knowledge journey/professional experience. Prior to joining Commit, I was the CTO at Donorbox since 2017, where I helped the company to reengineer a Ruby-on-Rails application by following the Rails Doctrine to accomplish many challenges:
- A robust Recurring Donations system on top of Stripe Connect and PayPal Instant Payment Notifications,
- A flexible Antifraud detection algorithm,
- Integrations with Zapier and ActiveCampaign,
- A pure HTML/CSS3 system to sustain long-term UX development less subject to frontend frameworks histeria,
- Reduce technical debt in a way to achieve 99% code coverage, only a few Code Climate issues, less than 0.1% unhandled error rate monitored on AppSignal, and 99.99% uptime on Cloudflare / Heroku,
- Helped hiring 25+ collaborators (engineers and designers), unlocking growth / scaling-up from USD40M yearly donations in 2017 to USD400M+ in 2021.
I’m a graduate of ITA (Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica/Aeronautical Technological Institute) where I majored in Computer Engineering. I currently live in “Belém do Pará”. When I’m not hard-working you can find me playing Nintendo games, watching Formula 1 races cheering for Lewis, or watching Marvel movies/series.
My current technical interests include mastering on Golang, Docker, and Kubernetes, inspired by Zero.